Here is another 10 to add to the list.
Remember that there is no ranking system here, and if you don’t see your favorite jazz album yet, it doesn’t mean it won’t show up.
Hopefully these lists will inspire you to seek some of these albums out that perhaps you haven’t heard before, or revisit an old favorite. And as always, we want your thoughts on any or all of these albums. Either way, let’s get started with this week, and in no particular order, albums 711 through 720.
711. April Kisses – Bucky Pizzarelli (Arbors, 1999) CLICK HERE TO BUY
712. The Essen Jazz Festival Concert – Bud Powell (Black Lion, 1960) CLICK HERE TO BUY
713. First Bass – Oscar Pettiford (IAJRC Records, 1960) CLICK HERE TO BUY
714. Americans Swinging in Paris – Phil Woods (EMI Music Distribution, 1968 recording dates, 2002 release date) CLICK HERE TO BUY
715. Michel Legrand at Shelly Manne’s Hole – Michel Legrand (Verve, 1968) CLICK HERE TO BUY
716. The Apartment – Dexter Gordon (SteepleChase, 1974) CLICK HERE TO BUY
717. Young Django – Stephane Grappelli (Verve, 1980) CLICK HERE TO BUY
718. Swing Street – Howard Alden/Dan Barrett (Concord, 1986) CLICK HERE TO BUY
719. Tribal – Dr. John (429 Records, 2010) CLICK HERE TO BUY
720. Concerti – Gene Bertoncini (Ambient Records Inc., 2008) CLICK HERE TO BUY
1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Before You Die (701-710)
1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Before You Die – The First 500
2 Replies to “1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Before You Die (711-720)”
wow that’s a butt load of jazz tracks…ill check them out first before i buy one…but im sure ill be impressed by this list as i go through it…