For those of you who have been following along with the list, you know that we add twenty albums each week. We are going to tweak things a bit for the remainder of the list, adding anywhere from 5 to ten albums at a time, but posting the lists a bit more frequently. Additionally, we will have links next to each album, so that if you find an album interesting, you can click on the link and buy it.
Here is another 10 to add to the list.
Remember that there is no ranking system here, and if you don’t see your favorite jazz album yet, it doesn’t mean it won’t show up.
Hopefully these lists will inspire you to seek some of these albums out that perhaps you haven’t heard before, or revisit an old favorite. And as always, we want your thoughts on any or all of these albums. Either way, let’s get started with this week, and in no particular order, albums 651 through 660.
651. Desert Lady – Lew Tabackin (Concord, 1989) CLICK HERE TO BUY
652. The Proper Angle – Charles Fambrough (CTI Records, 1991) CLICK HERE TO BUY
653. Science Fiction – Ornette Coleman (Sony BMG, 1971) CLICK HERE TO BUY
654. Let’s Get Together (compilation) – Chick Webb (ABM, 2000 compilation date, 1934-1939 recording dates) CLICK HERE TO BUY
655. Nefertiti – Miles Davis (Columbia/Legacy, 1967) CLICK HERE TO BUY
656. Arrival – Jessica Williams (Jazz Focus, 1993) CLICK HERE TO BUY
657. The Spirits of Our Ancestors – Randy Weston (Verve, 1991) CLICK HERE TO BUY
658. Close Enough For Love – Shirley Horn (Verve, 1988) CLICK HERE TO BUY
659. Metheny Mehldau – Pat Metheny and Brad Mehldau (Nonesuch Records, 2006) CLICK HERE TO BUY
660. 1928-1939 (compilation) – Bud Freeman (1998 compilation date, 1928-1939 recording dates) CLICK HERE TO BUY
1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Before You Die (641-650)
1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Befor You Die (621-640)
1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Before You Die – (601-620)
1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Before You Die – The First 500
2 Replies to “1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Before You Die (651-660)”