Here is another 10 to add to the list.
Remember that there is no ranking system here, and if you don’t see your favorite jazz album yet, it doesn’t mean it won’t show up.
Hopefully these lists will inspire you to seek some of these albums out that perhaps you haven’t heard before, or revisit an old favorite. And as always, we want your thoughts on any or all of these albums. Let’s get started with this week, and in no particular order, albums 871 through 880.
871. 1953-1954 (compilations) – Gene Krupa (Classics, 2007 compilation date, 1953-1954 recording dates) CLICK HERE TO BUY
872. Green Chimneys – Kenny Barron (Criss Cross, 1983) CLICK HERE TO BUY
873. Old Man Time – Milt Hinton (Chiaroscuro, 1990) CLICK HERE TO BUY
874. Blues for Bud – Hampton Hawes (1201 Music, 1968) CLICK HERE TO BUY
875. Live! – Jeff Hamilton (Mons, 1996) CLICK HERE TO BUY
876. Vince Guaraldi at Grace Cathedral – Vince Guaraldi (Fantasy, 1965) CLICK HERE TO BUY
877. Live at the Monterey Jazz Festival – John Handy (Koch Jazz, 1965 recording date, 1996 release date) CLICK HERE TO BUY
878. Sweet Rain – Stan Getz (Verve, 1967) CLICK HERE TO BUY
879. Night Train – Jimmy Forrest (Delmark, 1953) CLICK HERE TO BUY
880. In Recital – Dick Hyman (Reference Recordings, 1998) CLICK HERE TO BUY
1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Before You Die (861-870)
1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Before You Die – The First 750
1,000 Jazz Albums You Should Hear Before You Die – The First 500