Here is another 10 to add to the list.
We are getting close! Just a handful of albums left to add. Remember that there is no ranking system here. Hopefully these lists will inspire you to seek some of these albums out that perhaps you haven’t heard before, or revisit an old favorite. And as always, we want your thoughts on any or all of these albums. Here, in no particular order, are albums 961 through 970.
961. One Night in Washington – Dizzy Gillespie (Collectibles, 1955) CLICK HERE TO BUY
962. Road Band – Woody Herman (Membran, 1955) CLICK HERE TO BUY
963. Stay with Me – Billie Holiday (Verve, 1959) CLICK HERE TO BUY
964. Earl’s Pearls – Earl Hines (Unlimited, 1960) CLICK HERE TO BUY
965. Genius of Modern Music, Vol. 1 – Thelonious Monk (Discovery, 1952) CLICK HERE TO BUY
966. The Joint is Jumpin’ – Fats Waller (Bluebird RCA, 1929-1943 recording dates, 1987 compilations date) CLICK HERE TO BUY
967. Mingus at the Bohemia – Charles Mingus (Original Jazz Classics, 1955) CLICK HERE TO BUY
968. King of the Tenors – Ben Webster (Verve, 1956) CLICK HERE TO BUY
969. Count Basie in London – Count Basie (Verve, 1956) CLICK HERE TO BUY
970. Live: 1939-1941 – Charlie Christian (Jazz Archives (France) 1939-1941 recording dates, 1996 compilation date) CLICK HERE TO BUY