Here is another 10 to add to the list.
Remember that there is no ranking system here, and if you don’t see your favorite jazz album yet, it doesn’t mean it won’t show up.
Hopefully these lists will inspire you to seek some of these albums out that perhaps you haven’t heard before, or revisit an old favorite. And as always, we want your thoughts on any or all of these albums. Either way, let’s get started with this week, and in no particular order, albums 741 through 750.
741. 1942 (compilation) – Charlie Barnet (Circle, 1942 recording dates, 1994 compilation date) CLICK HERE TO BUY
742. An Evening with Lena Horne – Lena Horne (Blue Note, 1994) CLICK HERE TO BUY
743. The Undiscovered Few – Rodney Jones (Blue Note, 1999) CLICK HERE TO BUY
744. Long Ago and Far Away – Erroll Garner (Columbia, 1951) CLICK HERE TO BUY
745. Piano Starts Here (compilation) – Art Tatum (Sony Music Distribution, 1933-49 recording dates, 1968 compilation date) CLICK HERE TO BUY
746. What a Diff’rence a Day Makes! – Dinah Washington (Mercury, 1959) CLICK HERE TO BUY
747. Sing a Song of Basie – Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross (Verve, 1957) CLICK HERE TO BUY
748. Seven Steps to Heaven – Miles Davis (Sony Music Distribution, 1963) CLICK HERE TO BUY
749. Moten Swing (compilation) – Bennie Moten (ASV/Living Era, 1920’s & 30’s recording dates, 2005 compilation date) CLICK HERE TO BUY
750. Uptown Conversation – Ron Carter (Atlantic, 1969) CLICK HERE TO BUY