For those of you who have been following along with the list, you know that we add twenty albums each week. We are going to tweak things a bit for the remainder of the list, adding anywhere from 5 to ten albums at a time, but posting the lists a bit more frequently. Additionally, we will have links next to each album, so that if you find an album interesting, you can click on the link and buy it.
Here is another 10 to add to the list.
Remember that there is no ranking system here, and if you don’t see your favorite jazz album yet, it doesn’t mean it won’t show up.
Hopefully these lists will inspire you to seek some of these albums out that perhaps you haven’t heard before, or revisit an old favorite. And as always, we want your thoughts on any or all of these albums. Either way, let’s get started with this week, and in no particular order, albums 691 through 700.
691. Songbook – Benny Carter (Musicmasters, 1996) CLICK HERE TO BUY
692. King Size! – Andre Previn (JVC Victor, 1958) CLICK HERE TO BUY
693. 1944-1945 (box set) – Artie Shaw (Hep, 1944 recording dates, 2001 compilation date) CLICK HERE TO BUY
694. Constellation – Sonny Stitt (Muse, 1972) CLICK HERE TO BUY
695. Monterey Concerts – Cal Tjader (Prestige Records, 1959) CLICK HERE TO BUY
696. Stormy Weather – Lena Horne (BMG, 1957) CLICK HERE TO BUY
697. My Fair Lady Loves Jazz – Billy Taylor (GRP Records, 1957) CLICK HERE TO BUY
698. Solo Recital (Montreux Jazz Festival 1978) – Mary Lou Williams (Original Jazz Classics, 1978) CLICK HERE TO BUY
699. No Cover, No Minimum – Billy Eckstine (Roulette Records, 1960) CLICK HERE TO BUY
700. The Seance – Hampton Hawes (Contemporary/OJC, 1966) CLICK HERE TO BUY