For those of you who have been following along with the list, you know that we add twenty albums each week. We are going to tweak things a bit for the remainder of the list, adding anywhere from 5 to ten albums at a time, but posting the lists a bit more frequently. Additionally, we will have links next to each album, so that if you find an album interesting, you can click on the link and buy it.
Here is another 10 to add to the list.
Remember that there is no ranking system here, and if you don’t see your favorite jazz album yet, it doesn’t mean it won’t show up.
Hopefully these lists will inspire you to seek some of these albums out that perhaps you haven’t heard before, or revisit an old favorite. And as always, we want your thoughts on any or all of these albums. Either way, let’s get started with this week, and in no particular order, albums 671 through 680.
671. Cool Struttin’ – Sonny Clark (Blue Note, 1958) CLICK HERE TO BUY
672. One Step Beyond – Jackie McLean (Blue Note, 1963) CLICK HERE TO BUY
673. From Kenton to Now – Peter Erskine (Fuzzy Music, 1995) CLICK HERE TO BUY
674. Beyond the Blue Horizon – George Benson (Sony Music Distribution, 1973) CLICK HERE TO BUY
675. Junior Mance Trio at the Village Vanguard – Junior Mance (Jazzland/OJC, 1961) CLICK HERE TO BUY
676. Newer Than New – Barry Harris (Original Jazz Classics, 1961) CLICK HERE TO BUY
677. Me and Mr. Jones – Javon Jackson (Criss Cross, 1991) CLICK HERE TO BUY
678. Crosswinds – Billy Cobham (Wounded Bird Records, 1974) CLICK HERE TO BUY
679. The Genius of the Electric Guitar (compilation) – Charlie Christian (Definitive, 1931-1941 recording dates, 1987 release date) CLICK HERE TO BUY
680. Pick Yourself Up With Anita O’Day – Anita O’Day (Verve, 1957) CLICK HERE TO BUY