For those of you who have been following along with the list, you know that we add twenty albums each week. We are going to tweak things a bit for the remainder of the list, adding anywhere from 5 to ten albums at a time, but posting the lists a bit more frequently. Additionally, we will have links next to each album, so that if you find an album interesting, you can click on the link and buy it.
Here is another 10 to add to the list.
Remember that there is no ranking system here, and if you don’t see your favorite jazz album yet, it doesn’t mean it won’t show up.
Hopefully these lists will inspire you to seek some of these albums out that perhaps you haven’t heard before, or revisit an old favorite. And as always, we want your thoughts on any or all of these albums. Either way, let’s get started with this week, and in no particular order, albums 661 through 670.
661. Epistrophy – Charlie Rouse (Savoy Jazz, 1988) CLICK HERE TO BUY
662. Brain – Hiromi (Telarc Distribution, 2004) CLICK HERE TO BUY
663. At Carnegie Hall, 1946 – Woody Herman (Universal/MGM, 1946) CLICK HERE TO BUY
664. That’s A Serious Thing (compilation) – Jack Teagarden (Bluebird RCA, 1929-1957 recording dates, 1992 compilation date) CLICK HERE TO BUY
665. Chicago/Austin High School Jazz in Hi-Fi – Bud Freeman (BMG Ariola, 1957) CLICK HERE TO BUY
666. Five Feet of Soul – Jimmy Rushing (Roulette Records, 1963) CLICK HERE TO BUY
667. Zoot Sims and the Gershwin Brothers – Zoot Sims (Pablo, 1975) CLICK HERE TO BUY
668. Sings the Irving Berlin Song Book – Ella Fitzgerald (Verve, 1958) CLICK HERE TO BUY
669. Democracy – Kenny Werner (Half Note Records, 2006) CLICK HERE TO BUY
670. The Cape Verdean Blues – Horace Silver (Blue Note, 1965) CLICK HERE TO BUY